Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about our customers, suppliers, contractors, job applicants and other contacts to understand and meet their needs, to conduct our activities and meet legal obligations.
What personal information do we collect?
What other information do we collect?
Personal information may be collected by way of forms filled out by individuals (including via online forms), surveys, emails, telephone conversations, online user-generated content and market research, face-to-face meetings and interviews. Where necessary and with your consent, we supplement the information we receive from you with information from third party sources, such as your employer or organisation.
You may in some circumstances have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when you deal with us. However, if you choose not to provide the information we need to fulfil your request for a specific product or service or to participate in the sales and enquiry process we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service or we may not be able to allow you to interact with our business.
In addition we may use Google Tag Manager and other analytics software to consolidate information on each unique visitor and their interactions with our site. This consolidated information provides a more accurate picture of visitor journeys and use of our services and website. Such tracking may include assigning a unique randomly generated identifier to each visitor and use of this identifier to link all activity associated with that particular visitor. The unique identifier, web analytics data and Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information such as your name or email address and therefore cannot be used to identify you.
You can find out more information on how Google uses data when you use our sites or apps at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You can find out more information on how Hotjar uses data when you use our site at https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy. You can opt-out from having your information recorded by Hotjar by visiting Hotjar’s opt-out page and clicking “Disable Hotjar” or enabling a Do Not Track (DNT) in your browser.
How might we use and disclose your personal information?
We may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of collection, or for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, or for purposes to which you have consented, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
Generally, we may use and disclose your personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- provide you with our products or services that you have requested;
- respond to your queries or feedback;
- analyse and improve all aspects of our business including, but not limited to, our development processes, our business systems, processes, outcomes, communication, website, engagement and performance;
- facilitate your participation in product development in various capacities;
- provide you with any communications or publications in which we think you might be interested, or which you have requested;
- let you know about developments in our procedures, products, services, activities and programs that might be useful to you;
- facilitate your participation in forums, social events and educational events; and
- consider employment applications.
Disclosure of personal information to other parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties such as our staff, our professional advisers, our external service providers that provide services to us (such as training, website hosting or cloud storage, distribution of newsletters, publications developed by our business, and market research), other organisations, your employer or organisation, government, statutory or regulatory bodies. We may disclose your personal information for the purposes set out above.
We may disclose to the public information concerning the operation of our technical committees, including information about the members of those committees on a trial or other basis where we consider that it is appropriate to do so having regard to our public interest objectives and subject to their consent.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or where we are otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties
Security and management of personal information
disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access);
- requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure; and
- putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards.
If we no longer require your personal information and are not legally required to retain it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
Links from our website to other websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites. We do not operate these websites and therefore are not responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.